My new cough syrup is loaded with a combination of remedies that can help provide a natural way to get relief from coughs and congestion when you need it. Here’s a closer look at the ingredients and how they can help:
• Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that relax airways to ease coughs. It can also reduce nausea, provide pain relief for sore throats, and help break up and loosen mucus.
• Thyme contains flavonoids that relax your throat muscles to reduce coughing as well as reduce inflammation. It also contains vitamins C and A to help boost your immune system.
• Cayenne contains capsaicin which has the ability to suppress pain signals that reach the brain and provide you with relief.
• Lemon reduces congestion by opening up your sinuses. It also contains vitamin C and citric acid that help boost your immune system and fight off bad bacteria.
• Local honey helps coat and soothe your throat. Since it’s sourced locally, it can help boost your defenses to allergens in our area as well.
• No artificial dyes and just one natural sweetener - local honey!
I started this journey as a momma wanting better for her boys- and not pay outrageous store prices. As it turns out I wasn't alone.